20th Annual Fear No Art Festival
The following is the casting for the 20th Annual Fear No Art Festival. Thanks to all who attended. There are many factors that go into casting (i.e. availability, choreographer/dancer preferences, level of technique). Therefore, if you were not cast in this year’s program, please come back and audition in the future. Feel free to talk with me as well if you were not cast.
- Rehearsals will begin the week of February 5th. Look at the days, times, and room very carefully.
- I apologize for any misspelled names. Please email me corrections.
- Additionally, no changes will be made to this cast posting unless approved by Valerie Alpert. PLEASE LOOK CLOSELY AT YOUR DAYS AND TIMES (you may be in multiple works).
- UNEXCUSED ABSENCES IN ANY PIECE EQUALS DISMISSAL OUT OF THE ENTIRE SHOW. NO EXCUSES!
- Please send me an email at email@example.com to either reject or confirm your participation in the show no later than, January 31. I need to have an up to date email on file for future communications. Also, make sure you read and accept the Performer Participant Expectations that follow at the end of the casting list.
Tuesdays 7-9 p.m. Choreographer: Rachel Buehrer: Rehearsals Begin February 6 [Room P103]
CAST: Marissa Barnette, Kelsey Minden, Becka Nieder, Debora Schneider, Frances Skurski, Niya Thompkins
Wednesdays 10 am-12 pm: Choreographer: Valerie Alpert [Room P106] Date TBA End of Feb.
CAST: Will be open to anyone interested and available during this time. This work will be a collaborative work with visual artists, musicians/singers, and dancers.
Thursdays 7-9 p.m. Choreographer Niya Thompkins: Rehearsals Begin Feb 8 [Room P103]
CAST: Rachel Buehrer, Stefanie Krammer, Becka Nieder, Debora Schneider, Frances Skurski,
Additional Dance Works/Collaboration Dances
Soto, Sabrina & Nelson Arizmendi (Duet)
Stahl, John (Solo)
Comstock, Josa (with Nate Killian and group)
Lancaster, Lamaiya (with Marilyn Runde)
Trinity Dance Project
OTHER PERFORMING ARTISTS CASTING
Please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to either reject or confirm your participation in the show no later than, January 31. I need to have an up to date email on file for future communications. Also, make sure you read and accept the Performer Participant Expectations that follow at the end of the casting list.
Buehrer, Rachel & Aaron, Thompkins, Niya (Piano, Guitar, Song)
Buchtenkirch, Brooke (Sing)
Cone, Caitlin (Spoken Word/Possible Collaboration)
Dorantes, Raul (Spanish Drama Monalogue)
Isaac, Riley (Hooping Dance)
Killian, Nate (Collaboration with Marissa Barnette, Ben Carver, Josa Comstock)
Minden, Kelsey (Sing)
Ongcal, Renee (Sing)
Pabst, Lucy (Sing)
Phelan, K.C. (Sing)
Runde, Marilyn (Sing/Dance Colloboration)
Villaruz, Katherine (Sing)
VISUAL ARTISTS CASTING
Please send me an email at email@example.com to either reject or confirm your participation in the show no later than, January 31. I need to have an up to date email on file for future communications. Also, make sure you read and accept the Visual Artist Participant Expectations that follow at the end of the casting list.
Alforo, Francisco (Drawing, Painting, Digital Art)
Cone, Caitlin (Pencil Drawings)
Killian, Nate (Pencil Drawings)
Mensah, Courtney (Photography)
Morales, Diego (Technical Pen/Sharpie Drawings)
Phelan, K.C. (Colored Pencil Drawings)
Salgado, Alma (Charcoal, Pastel Drawings, Ink)
Villarseal, Xavier (Digital Photography)
MEET AND GREET [Friday, February 2 from 6-8 pm in P106]
The purpose of this meet and greet for (choreographers, other performing artists, and visual artists) is to discuss the possibilities of collaborating on works together for Fear No Art. Visual artists may want to bring samples of their work to this meeting if possible. Choreographers, musicians, and spoken word artists need to come with clear ideas about their work. Food and drinks will be supplied.
In addition to confirming your participation in the show, please confirm whether you are able to come to the meet and greet on Friday by Wednesday, January 31 as well so I can plan accordingly.
Thanks to all. It is going to be an exciting show!!!!!
20th Fear No Art Festival
Performer Participant Expectations
READ CAREFULLY AND THOROUGLY!!!!!
Activity: 20th Annual Fear No Art Festival 2018
Director: Valerie Alpert (543-2432) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Date(s) of Participation: Must be available for all technical and performing dates and times listed below:
- Lighting rehearsals from 9am-8pm Saturday April 21
- Technical rehearsals from 6-10pm Monday-Wednesday, April 23, 24, 25
- Dress rehearsal from 6-10pm on Thursday, April 26
- Performances April 27 @ 7:30pm, April 28 @ 2pm & 7:30 pm, (Friday call time at 6pm & Saturday @ 12:00 pm and 6 pm)
Note: If you have night classes, get written permission now from your teachers to attend the technical rehearsals. Or, discuss your class schedule with me immediately and we will see if we can work it out.
I understand that my participation in the Activity described above is voluntary and independent. However, I have agreed to participate in Fear No Art, and I am committed to the final production. I will honor the guidelines stated below as well as any additional guidelines that the choreographers deems necessary, within reason.
· I will attend all rehearsals that I am scheduled for.
· I will be respectful of all participants.
· I will arrive early to rehearsal to warm-up ahead of time and be ready to dance at the scheduled time.
· I will be focused in rehearsal.
· I will not practice other people’s works during a rehearsal that is not that work.
· I will come to rehearsal prepared both mentally and physically with the appropriate attire.
· I will mentally and physically practice outside of allotted rehearsal time.
· I will not eat or drink (except bottled water) in the dance studios.
· I will conduct myself professionally and not be disruptive in rehearsal or talk excessively.
· I will remain productive during the rehearsal process, even if the choreographer is not working directly with me at that moment….I will not sit in rehearsals.
· I will trust the choreographer and the choreographic process.
· I will communicate (i.e. injuries, problems, etc…) openly with the choreographer.
· I will contact the director, Valerie Alpert, if any problems arise with the rehearsal process.
· I will have a positive attitude while participating in the show.
· I will have great fun and dance beautifully come show time.
I understand that the choreographer or Valerie Alpert has the right to terminate my participation in the 20th Annual Fear No Art Festival if I fail to show up for rehearsals without proper notification as or approval from the choreographer, or if I have not fulfilled other commitments as stated above. Should one of these incidences occur, I understand that I will be immediately dismissed from the entire show.
Please include in your email response, due by January 31, that you have read the Performer Participant Expectations, have accepted the roles and responsibilities, and that you will be at the first rehearsal.
Visual Artist Participant Expectations
You are expected to be at each of the performances so that you are available to talk to patrons about your artwork. You will need to be there to talk to people before the performance begins, during intermission, and after the performance.
I will supply the walls, tables, and pushpins to hang your work, but you will need to set up your own work. I suggest getting some additional people to help you. The work must be set up and ready to go one hour before show time. See Below:
· Tables/Gallery Walls will be Set up by 4pm on Friday, April 27. Artists set up by 6:30pm. Artists meeting at 6:00pm in lobby. Doors open at 7:00pm
· Artists Set up by 12:30pm for the Saturday, Show at 2pm. We can leave the artwork up for the evening show.
After the Friday night performance, we will need to take down the artwork. You have the option to either take your artwork home or we can lock them up in our storage area. You will need to take your artwork home on Saturday night after the performance.
You will be able to see the performance for free, but we will need to take turns so that some people can stay in the lobby and watch the artwork. I will also plan on hiring extra help to keep an eye on the artwork.
While, you are not allowed to sell your artwork at the show, I do encourage you to hand out business cards and make connections with people who are interested in your artwork. You can put your bio, contact information, pictures….whatever you like….on your table.
Please include in your email response, due by January 31, that you have read the Visual Artist Participant Expectations, have accepted the roles and responsibilities, and that you will participate in the show.